ca. 225 - 200 B.C. Stater ø 19mm (8.25g). ca. 225 B.C.
RR, Bordeaux records only 11 specimens for the
eries A staters! Gold. Rs. light double strike, mint.
ca. 185 - 178 B.C. Tetradrachm ø 32mm (16.19g).
RR, Glenn lists only 10 examples for this type!
Very nice to excellent.
ca. 120 - 100 B.C. Tetradrachm in Attic weight standard
ø 33mm (16.47g). RR, the third known specimen!
Beautiful toning, Rs. traces of corrosion, very fine to excellent.
ca. 110 - 95 B.C. Tetradrachm in Indian weight standard
ø 29mm (9.76g). RR. Excellent to mint.
ca. 409 - 406 B.C. RR! With signature of die cutter Straton.
Light toning, fine cleaning scratches, excellent.
312 - 281 BC Tetradrachm ø 25mm (17.14g).
Circa 305/4 - 295 B.C.
Excellent to mint.
69 - 81 A.D. Aureus ø 19mm (7.28g). 77 - 78 AD R!
Electors and Albertines. Johann Georg II, 1656 - 1680.
5 ducats 1657, Dresden. Of the utmost rarity. Gold.
Gorgeous gold toning, minimal minting weakness, excellent.
3 ducats 1610 CT, Reichenstein. Mint administrator
Christoph Tuchmann. RR. Splendid specimen. Gold. Fine
gold toning, tiny scratches, near mint.
CNG’s Feature Auction 124
Classical Numismatic Group
Feature Auction 124
19-20 September 2023
Classical Numismatic Group offer their Feature Auction 124, a Live Online Sale, closing Tuesday and Wednesday, 19-20 September 2023. The auction will be conducted online from the CNG offices in Lancaster, PA. This sale offers 1151 lots with a presale estimate of just over $2.2 million.
This feature sale presents Greek, Celtic, Oriental Greek, Central Asian, Roman Provincial, Roman Republican and Imperatorial, and Roman Imperial coinage. Additionally, there are featured selections of Byzantine, Early Medieval and Islamic, World coinage and medals, and British coinage and medals.
Feature Auction 124 is highlighted by a number of collections and individual rarities, which make up the majority of coins on offer:
- Diverse Selections from the Libertas, CJR, St. James, and James Fox Collections
- Ancient Coins from the Weise Collection
- Greek Coins from the GTP Collection
- Two Mint State Pantikapaion Staters
- A Selection of Tigranes II Tetradrachms
- A Further Selection of the Denarii of Ptolemy of Mauretania
- Choice Agathokles Commemorative Struck for Euthydemos I
- An Excellent Portrait Tetradrachm of Antony & Cleopatra from Antioch
- A Complete Run of the Muses of Q. Pomponius Musa
- Extremely Rare Antony & Octavia Aureus from the Athens Mint
- An Extensive Offering of Legionary Denarii of Mark Antony
- Further Selections from the Gasvoda Collection of Byzantine Coins
- Impressive Gold 12 Dukat of Johann Ernst von Thun und Hohenstein
- Nazarana Rupee of the Last Mughal Emperor
- A Rare Gold Sovereign of Queen Mary
- A Majestic Mint State Elizabeth Pound
Here you can find some highlights: